Welcome to the U!
The Student Union is a department within the Division of Student Affairs, and in partnership with the Policy Council of the Student Union Board of Governors, is responsible for the management of the Student Union facility. The Student Union is the center of activity for students, faculty and staff and is designed to enhance the quality of student life, support co-curricular activities and contribute to the University’s educational mission.
Student Union Mission Statement
As an integral part of the educational mission of the University of Connecticut, the Student Union provides program support, services, facilities and amenities for students, faculty, staff, alumni and guests.
- Promote student engagement, leadership, learning, and success by supporting opportunities for participation and involvement in a diverse array of programs, activities, and employment.
- Foster interaction among University constituency groups and guests.
- Provide a safe, accessible, and welcoming environment for the campus community within a well-maintained facility.
- Exercise judicious management of financial, physical and natural resources.
- Support our campus partners located in the Student Union including Cultural Centers, Student Activities, Fraternity and Sorority Life, Student Media, and Student Organizations, etc.
- Offer amenities that enhance campus life including dining options and a variety of services for the campus community.
- Assist patrons with excellent event services support including room reservations, event planning, and event production.
- Participate in on-going assessment and evaluation of services in an effort to best meet the ever-changing needs of the University community.
- Promote school spirit and pride in the University of Connecticut.